SOLVED

How to remove author name from the top of site pages in sharepoint online modern communications site

Copper Contributor

I have created a few site pages, but all of them have the author's name at the top, below the page title. I don't want the author's name to be present. Is there a way to remove the author's name either on some of the pages or all the pages on a site?

akshaybm_1-1679840062956.png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by akshaybm (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@akshaybm Follow the steps:

1. Go to your SharePoint page
  2. Click on Edit at the top right corner to open page in edit mode
  3. Remove user name using highlighted button and publish/republish the site page: ganeshsanap_0-1679912883469.png  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Hi @ganeshsanap,

Is there any option to remove author placeholder while editing. we don't want to provide a option to users to select the author.

Thanks in advance

@DJoshi2302 Unfortunately, No.

You cannot remove the author placeholder as it is a SharePoint default option. You will have to train/guide your users to keep the author option blank while publishing the pages.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by akshaybm (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@akshaybm Follow the steps:

1. Go to your SharePoint page
  2. Click on Edit at the top right corner to open page in edit mode
  3. Remove user name using highlighted button and publish/republish the site page: ganeshsanap_0-1679912883469.png  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post