SOLVED

How can I copy Lookup column as Plain text column

Copper Contributor

I have one SharePoint list named: Customer-Project-List

with lookup column named CustomerName from another SharePoint list named Customer-List .

I want to copy this CustomerName column as text column in Customer-Project-List to use this newly created column in third list Named : Employee-Workload-List

How can I achieve this?
Please guide me.
Thanks in advance!

6 Replies
best response confirmed by New_learner (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@New_learner Follow below steps:

1. Create a power automate flow which will run on item creation & update in list Customer-Project-List
  2. Use "Update item" action to add CustomerName lookup column value to another text column

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you @ganeshsanap. It worked as expected.

Hello@ganeshsanap ,

The flow is working as expected, but the flow is running continuously and this warning appears on the screen

Actions in this flow may result in an infinite trigger loop. 
Please ensure you add appropriate conditional checks to prevent 
this flow from triggering itself.

@New_learner You can check if your lookup column is changed since last version, add condition based on "Has Changed: LookupColumn" and write "Update item" action inside "If yes" block of condition.

Check this blog & video by @aprildunnamMS for more information: Power Automate SharePoint Get Column Changes 

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

@ganeshsanap,

I have already added condition and did check this but it is still giving the above mentioned warning.

@New_learner If you have used the conditions correctly as mentioned in my above response, flow should not run continuously.

And you can ignore the warning as Power automate shows this warning when you use the trigger and update item action for same SharePoint list. 

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by New_learner (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@New_learner Follow below steps:

1. Create a power automate flow which will run on item creation & update in list Customer-Project-List
  2. Use "Update item" action to add CustomerName lookup column value to another text column

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post