Hiding Default Header, Footer, and Logo

Copper Contributor
I want to hide the default SharePoint 365 header (but still showing the command bar), footer, and logo. I used a css injection script but using the script, I would have to enter in the literal kebab suffix like headerNav-154 or footerNav-165. Because after sass transpiled the selectors, it would add the kebab suffix at the ends of the css selectors. I can’t keep on adding these specific suffixes to my custom css file. How should I go about hiding these header, footer, and logo without using this css injection?
3 Replies

Hi @htd2519 ,

you should not do these customizations, they are not recommended by Microsoft best practices.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/portal-branding

In addition to this, the risk is that updates can make your changes useless, and show what you're hiding.
Think of a way to make users understand the importance of the O365 bar, set a default logo and work on platform adoption.

Cheers,

Federico

Hi Federico,
This is my design specification and I have to abide by it. The client wanted me to model this after another site within the company that has the same design, so it’s doable code wise. I just need to find out how other than a CSS injection. All 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩/feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hi @htd2519 

I can understand your situation.

From my personal point of view, the customer must be aware of the risk: what "saves" today using the same CSS, will spend it tomorrow with a bad impression when the site breaks.

Best of luck :)

Cheers,

Federico