SOLVED

Hide column using Edit conditional formula

Brass Contributor

Hi!
Could you help me please, how can I hide column Employee, If the creator of the item is not me?
Screenshot_699.png
What is the formula to write here?
I don't want to show this field in edit form if I didn't create this item.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Pavel48n0sh (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Pavel48n0sh Unfortunately, this will not work using conditional formula in SharePoint. As per the current design, you can refer only those columns which are shown on list forms in your formula.

Check more information at: Can ID column be displayed when configuring a list form header using JSON? 

You have to customize the list form using power apps and show/hide it using formula. Set Visible  property of respective data card / control to something like: 

ThisItem.'Created By'.Email = User().Email

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pavel48n0sh (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Pavel48n0sh Unfortunately, this will not work using conditional formula in SharePoint. As per the current design, you can refer only those columns which are shown on list forms in your formula.

Check more information at: Can ID column be displayed when configuring a list form header using JSON? 

You have to customize the list form using power apps and show/hide it using formula. Set Visible  property of respective data card / control to something like: 

ThisItem.'Created By'.Email = User().Email

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post