Get-PnPProvisioningTemplate Could not load type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.DocumentSet.DocumentSet

Copper Contributor

I am trying to extract the data using the SharePointPnPPowerShell2016 module.

When I call Get-PnPProvisioningTemplate it start to run, it goes through some of the settings Regional Settings, Supported UI Languages, Audit Settings, Site Security, Fields, Content Types, but then throws an error

Could not load type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.DocumentSet.DocumentSetTemplate' from assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.DocumentManagement, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'.
 StackTrace : at OfficeDevPnP.Core.Framework.Provisioning.ObjectHandlers.ObjectContentType.GetEntities(Web web, PnPMonitoredScope scope, ProvisioningTemplateCreationInformation creationInfo, ProvisioningTemplate template) at OfficeDevPnP.Core.Framework.Provisioning.ObjectHandlers.ObjectContentType.ExtractObjects(Web web, ProvisioningTemplate template, ProvisioningTemplateCreationInformation creationInfo) at OfficeDevPnP.Core.Framework.Provisioning.ObjectHandlers.SiteToTemplateConversion.GetRemoteTemplate(Web web, ProvisioningTemplateCreationInformation creationInfo) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.WebExtensions.GetProvisioningTemplate(Web web, ProvisioningTemplateCreationInformation creationInfo) at PnPVSExtract_cj.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\users\a0721713\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\PnPVSExtract_cj\PnPVSExtract_cj\Program.cs:line 66 Date :11/14/2016 4:56:31 PM

I am running another environment with very similar set up, and it progress to List Instances and runs without problems.

Any ideas would help!

1 Reply

Apparently I had an outdated version of the CSOM assemblies had been installed;
try installing the latest version of the SharePoint Server 2016 Client Components SDK