GDPR Activity Hub Installation issue: Provision-GDPRActivyHub.ps1

Iron Contributor

Hi 

I am following the readme.

I have updated Node, Gulp and SPFx, PnPCOmmandlets

I am the Office 365 Owner and Tenant Admin

Before I go "forensic" and setting logging and stepping through the debug, I just wondered if anyone has seen this. 

t D:\repo\sp-dev-gdpr-activity-hub\scripts\Provision-GDPRActivityHub.ps1:70 char:9
+         Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate -Path .\GDPR-Activity-Hub-Infor ...
+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (:) [Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate], Ser 
   verUnauthorizedAccessException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : EXCEPTION,SharePointPnP.PowerShell.Commands.Provisio 
   ning.ApplyProvisioningTemplate

Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate : Expected hex 0x in '{0}'.
At D:\repo\sp-dev-gdpr-activity-hub\scripts\Provision-GDPRActivityHub.ps1:73 char:9
+         Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate -Path .\GDPR-Activity-Hub-Workf ...
+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (:) [Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate], For 
   matException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : EXCEPTION,SharePointPnP.PowerShell.Commands.Provisio 
   ning.ApplyProvisioningTemplate

Configuring the Office 365 CDN Settings
Creating CDN Site Collection

... Note I do get the all is well with the world message ;)

Public CDN enabled locations:
*/MASTERPAGE (configuration pending)
*/STYLE LIBRARY (configuration pending)
*/CLIENTSIDEASSETS (configuration pending)
SITES/CDN/CDNFILES (configuration pending)

All the automatic steps are now completed!
Please proceed with the manual steps documented on the Setup Guide!
You can find the .SPPKG file at the following path: D:\repo\sp-dev-gdpr-activity-hub
\GDPRStarterKit\sharepoint\solution\gdpr-starter-kit.sppkg

I have get the output from the ISE if this needed. 

8 Replies

HI @Daniel Westerdale,

The following line on line 70 seems to be failing.

Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate -Path .\GDPR-Activity-Hub-Information-Architecture-Full.xml -Handlers Fields,ContentTypes,Lists,TermGroups

Can you add just before this line the following:

Set-PnPTraceLog -Level Debug -On

This should give a bit more of a clue as to which part of the template is not accepted.

For me the script worked about 2 weeks ago.

Pieter

Ah you beat me to it  as I was about to do that. Just being looking a similar issues reported on GIT. 

@Pieter Veenstra

I wasn't added as a Term Store administrator.  That'll teach for living inside a client's tenant for the past year! I can see a lot depended on this. I owe you a drink should I bumped into you at ECS2018.

Hi

I have now seem to have come to a halt at the very last bit.

I have set the correct url of my Team Site

I did have a free PowerBI account but I have also stared the 12 month Pro trial

Installed the suggested update to the PowerBI Desktop client x64

I  have the set the organisational privacy level for the data sounce

Checked I am using my tenant Id ( and not the client's) . , I can click PowerBI Service and it navigates to the web client.

GDPRActivitHub issue.PNG

HI @Daniel Westerdale,

I had the same, I think the PowerBI templates  weren't 100% right. I had to do some refreshes and then all started working as expected.

Thanks,

Pieter

Hi @Pieter Veenstra

I am afraid I simply can't get passed the issue shown below

I have rebooted and performed multiple refreshes. I  have also enabled trace logging and the Microsoft Mashup logs look the most "useful".

I wonder if there is test pbit I could use to test the integrity of my PowerBI Desktop and PowerBI pro trial.

DataMashup.Trace Warning: 24579 : {"Start":"2017-11-08T09:11:21.9812701Z","Action":"EvaluationHost/TryHandleException","Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\r\nMessage: Error reading from or writing to stream.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.StreamMessenger.Post(Message message)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.<>c__DisplayClass7.<TryReportException>b__6()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Common.SafeExceptions.IgnoreSafeExceptions(IEngineHost host, IHostTrace trace, Action action)\r\n\r\n\r\n","Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException, Microsoft.MashupEngine, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\r\nMessage: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryHandleException(Exception exception)\r\n\r\nInnerException\r\nException:\r\nExceptionType: Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException, Microsoft.MashupEngine, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\r\nMessage: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryHandleException(Exception exception)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.HandleException(Exception e)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.SafeRun(String[] args)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.Main(String[] args)\r\n\r\nInnerException\r\nException:\r\nExceptionType: Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException, Microsoft.MashupEngine, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\r\nMessage: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()\r\n   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)\r\n   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageSerializer.Deserialize(BinaryReader reader)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.StreamMessenger.Read()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.Read(MessageChannel channel)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.MessageChannel.Read()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessengerExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessenger messenger, Action`2 handler)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteServiceEnvironment.CreateServiceProxies(IMessenger messenger, IRemoteServiceProxy[]& services)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.Run()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n","ProductVersion":"2.51.4885.701 (PBIDesktop)","ActivityId":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","Process":"Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX40","Pid":20548,"Tid":1,"Duration":"00:00:00.0901111"}
DataMashup.Trace Warning: 24579 : {"Start":"2017-11-08T09:11:22.0188414Z","Action":"EvaluationHost/TryHandleException","Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: System.IO.IOException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\r\nMessage: Pipe is broken.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at System.IO.Pipes.PipeStream.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode)\r\n   at System.IO.Pipes.PipeStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageSerializer.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer, Message message)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.StreamMessenger.Post(Message message)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.<>c__DisplayClass7.<TryReportException>b__6()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Common.SafeExceptions.IgnoreSafeExceptions(IEngineHost host, IHostTrace trace, Action action)\r\n\r\n\r\n","Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException, Microsoft.MashupEngine, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\r\nMessage: The wait completed due to an abandoned mutex.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryHandleException(Exception exception)\r\n\r\nInnerException\r\nException:\r\nExceptionType: Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException, Microsoft.MashupEngine, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\r\nMessage: The wait completed due to an abandoned mutex.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryHandleException(Exception exception)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.HandleException(Exception e)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)\r\n   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)\r\n   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)\r\n   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)\r\n   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)\r\n\r\nInnerException\r\nException:\r\nExceptionType: Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException, Microsoft.MashupEngine, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\r\nMessage: The wait completed due to an abandoned mutex.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.ThrowAbandonedMutexException()\r\n   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)\r\n   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.WaitForParentExitThread(Object state)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n","ProductVersion":"2.51.4885.701 (PBIDesktop)","ActivityId":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","Process":"Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX40","Pid":20548,"Tid":3,"Duration":"00:00:00.0524285"}
DataMashup.Trace Error: 24579 : {"Start":"2017-11-08T09:11:22.0746106Z","Action":"EvaluationContainerMain/ExceptionHandler/HandleException","containerID":"6","Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\r\nMessage: The wait completed due to an abandoned mutex.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.ThrowAbandonedMutexException()\r\n   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)\r\n   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.WaitForParentExitThread(Object state)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)\r\n\r\n\r\n","ProductVersion":"2.51.4885.701 (PBIDesktop)","ActivityId":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","Process":"Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX40","Pid":20548,"Tid":3,"Duration":"00:00:00.0003645"}
DataMashup.Trace Error: 24579 : {"Start":"2017-11-08T09:11:22.0745256Z","Action":"EvaluationContainerMain/ExceptionHandler/HandleException","containerID":"6","Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: System.IO.EndOfStreamException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\r\nMessage: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()\r\n   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)\r\n   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageSerializer.Deserialize(BinaryReader reader)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.StreamMessenger.Read()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.Read(MessageChannel channel)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.MessageChannel.Read()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessengerExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessenger messenger, Action`2 handler)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteServiceEnvironment.CreateServiceProxies(IMessenger messenger, IRemoteServiceProxy[]& services)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.Run()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)\r\n\r\n\r\n","ProductVersion":"2.51.4885.701 (PBIDesktop)","ActivityId":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","Process":"Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX40","Pid":20548,"Tid":1,"Duration":"00:00:00.0004824"}

GDPRActivitHub issue 2.PNG

Hi @Pieter Veenstra, could you please detail what you did to overcome the template failure?

Thank you

Found it, thanks. Just needed to add dummy data... and wait a little bit