SOLVED

FOLDER CONTENT TYPE

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have created a folder content type that has some columns that I want our users to fill in when they create a new folder.

However, after adding the folder content type to the document library, when I select the new option I cannot see the new folder content type i have just created.

Kindly help.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by cyro sylas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Can you try below and see if it works

1. Navigate to your SharePoint site with admin account > click the gear icon > site settings

2. Click Content type publishing > click the Url in hubs section

3. Click create > choose the Folder Content Types for “Select parent content type from” and Folder for “Parent Content Type” > OK.

4. Click on the newly created folder content type > Manage publishing for this content type > choose publish > OK

5. Navigate to the library which need to custom the document template > click the gear icon > library settings

(If the library hasn’t been enabled “Allow management of content types”, click advanced settings > choose Allow management of content types and click OK)

6. In Content types section, click Add from existing site content type > add the folder content type > OK.

7. Back to the library with new experience, click New > check if the content type appears in the list.

Hey SPO Admin,

Thanks for the response.

This was helpful.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cyro sylas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Can you try below and see if it works

1. Navigate to your SharePoint site with admin account > click the gear icon > site settings

2. Click Content type publishing > click the Url in hubs section

3. Click create > choose the Folder Content Types for “Select parent content type from” and Folder for “Parent Content Type” > OK.

4. Click on the newly created folder content type > Manage publishing for this content type > choose publish > OK

5. Navigate to the library which need to custom the document template > click the gear icon > library settings

(If the library hasn’t been enabled “Allow management of content types”, click advanced settings > choose Allow management of content types and click OK)

6. In Content types section, click Add from existing site content type > add the folder content type > OK.

7. Back to the library with new experience, click New > check if the content type appears in the list.

View solution in original post