SOLVED

Filter by Item Version in KQL

Brass Contributor

I was looking for a crawled property for the list item / document version - stumbled on a few such as _Version, Version, Version0, ows_DocVersion. I have mapped them to the tenant's RefineableDecimal00.

Of course, I have re-indexed the site collection.

However, when making a search query for the property, it returns an empty value.

For example, here is a test KQL I am using in the Chrome SP Editor -> PnP JS Console:

import pnp, { SearchQuery, SearchResults } from "pnp";

pnp.sp.search(<SearchQuery>{
            Querytext: "Path:\"https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/Site1/Library1\" AND Title:\"My Item's Title\"",
            RowLimit: 16,
            SelectProperties: ["Title", "RefinableDecimal00", "Path"],
			SortList: [{
				Property: 'Created',
				Direction: 1
			}]
        }).then((response) => { console.log(response.PrimarySearchResults) })

Has anyone found a way to query for the list item version?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Kiril Iliev (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Posting our solution as somebody else might find it useful:

1. We mapped the UI Version property (ows_q_TEXT__UIVersionString) to one of the Refinable Decimals

2. We have given the refinable decimal an alias (SharePointVersion) in our case.

So we were able to sort, and filter via a KQL the results, i.e. SharePointVersion>=2.1 was giving us items with version greater than or equal to 2.1 - it seems that SharePoint have successfully managed to parse the decimal value into the decimal property.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kiril Iliev (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Posting our solution as somebody else might find it useful:

1. We mapped the UI Version property (ows_q_TEXT__UIVersionString) to one of the Refinable Decimals

2. We have given the refinable decimal an alias (SharePointVersion) in our case.

So we were able to sort, and filter via a KQL the results, i.e. SharePointVersion>=2.1 was giving us items with version greater than or equal to 2.1 - it seems that SharePoint have successfully managed to parse the decimal value into the decimal property.

View solution in original post