SOLVED

Does anyone know how logic of MyFeed webpart works in SharePoint?

Copper Contributor

I am looking for the logic on how the myfeed would work in SharePoint when Item Insights are disabled. Is this feed completely based on MS Graph or Search or AI or only MS Graph ? 

I couldn't find any documentation over it unfortunately. 

Can anyone please let me know. 

4 Replies

@Aruna Gottimukkala My feed web part in SharePoint online is based on Microsoft Graph.

Check "How Microsoft know what’s relevant to users?" section in this blog for more information: SharePoint Online: My feed web part 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshanap, thanks for your reply. I was testing the webpart. Yes, you are correct that i do not see the meetings, todos in the feed but i can see the information about documents, whom i am working with. I got confused after I see my collaborated documents.

best response confirmed by Aruna Gottimukkala (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aruna Gottimukkala Don't worry this is a expected behavior of My Feed web part.

The feed is personal to each user. Different users will see different content. The users will only see documents or other content that's explicitly shared with them or that they have access to. This can be documents that are stored in a shared folder in OneDrive or on a SharePoint site that they have access to, or a link that someone sent them in an email conversation.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks alot for the details. Its helpful
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aruna Gottimukkala (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aruna Gottimukkala Don't worry this is a expected behavior of My Feed web part.

The feed is personal to each user. Different users will see different content. The users will only see documents or other content that's explicitly shared with them or that they have access to. This can be documents that are stored in a shared folder in OneDrive or on a SharePoint site that they have access to, or a link that someone sent them in an email conversation.

View solution in original post