Deactivate the default option of folder sharing

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

I would like to know if there is a way to deactivate this default setting on SharePoint online Folder Sharing (see setting option in the link below)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharing-sharepoint-folder-items-with-unique-permissions-0... 
I do not wish my users to share their Folders and whatever they have inside by default. In the modern UI they don't see this option to deactivate it so they have to turn always to classic UI. This gets even more complicated cause they share with external users. 
In order to avoid confusion I would like to know if there is a way to just change this default setting!
Many Thanks,
Chris

1 Reply

@ChrisTs935 Unfortunately, there is no OOTB option to only disable this particular checkbox in SharePoint. 

This option will not be present when using some versions of SharePoint. In the modern SharePoint experience, folders automatically share contents regardless of unique permissions by default and cannot be edited.

I would suggest you to suggest this as a feedback/idea on feedback portal: SharePoint feedback portal 

Raise support ticket with Microsoft directly to request this feature: Get M365 support - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.