Could not complete cross domain call-SharePoint Online Provider Hosted App

Copper Contributor

HI Team,

We have developed a form that writes data to a SharePoint Online List using Provider Hosted App MVC and deployed as an App part in SharePoint Online. But in few of the user machine we have notoced an typical error, which says - "This site says - Could not complete Cross Domain Call". The issue is the same with all the browsers. We believe there are some machine specific restrictions that is blocking the calls.

Can you please help us  in understanding and resolving this issue. PFA, image for the same.

Cross Domain Call.PNG

Regards,

Sivapratap.

6 Replies

Hi Kevin,

But this issue is not with all user machines, only specific users are facing this problem. Is there a workaround from browser perspective to resolve this ??

Regards,

Sivapratap,

In which case it's worth checking what zone each of the site domains is in I.e. The SharePoint site and the provider hosted app.

Hi kevin,

Is there a way we can recreate the same issue in development environment and check on it?

Regards,

Sivapratap.

Hi Kevin,

I was able to recreate the issue, by click on "Block" third party cookies in Internet OPtions > Privacy > Advanced. But the strange behavior is on the user machine even though he clicks on "Accepts" still he is facing the cross domain issue. 

One more thing what i observer in his machine is - when webappproxy gets triggered from his client , it throws "Access Denied" message. Any idea why this is thrown ?

https://contaso.com/sites/testsite/testportal/_layouts/15/AppWebProxy.aspx?SP.CloseWindow=true

the above link throws "Access Denied" message in the user machine.

Are you still having issues with this? Definitely check which security zone the different sites are in on the users' machines.