SOLVED

Converting InfoPath to PowerApps

Microsoft

I created a power app that replaces an Infopath form. I can switch to using the powerapp but the issue I am having is there is some links on a couple other SharePoint pages that link to the old InfoPath form. How can I update these links so that the users will see the new powerapps form?

12 Replies
If you just click new, then copy link above the Powerapp form, it will give you a link to open the powerapp.

Thank you, I did figure that part out finally but I do not know how to change the link on the SharePoint page. I attached a screen shot that outlines what I am trying to update in red. Can you see how I would be able to update the "K360 Request form"? 

Thank you, I did figure that part out finally but I do not know how to change the link on the SharePoint page. I attached a screen shot that outlines what I am trying to update in red. Can you see how I would be able to update the "K360 Request form"? 

If it's a click map image or what not, you should be able to click the "View source" button or "Edit web part" then View source, to see the links and update them there in that webpart. If it's referencing an HTML file for the coordinates then you'll have to locate the file for them via SharePoint designer. But, you really need to check the source of that Content web part and go from there since it won't be a built in SharePoint method.

When I click "edit web part" I see the attached. I have tried all options within the web part and nothing lets me modify the link or even references the link. Looks like the only thing in the web part is the back ground image. I dont see anywhere on the ribbon or web part to click "View Code". If its HTML where would I navigate to see where its pointing?

Could is be the "Page URLs" at the page level on the ribbon? For some reason this is greyed out and I was wondering if it could be an access issue. 

Actually I think I see what you are saying now. From the web part I can get the following link. This link has 3 links embedded in it. One of them is the one I need to update, but how do I update from here?

https://microsoft.sharepoint.com/teams/OCTOSBD/Style Library/OCTOSBD/html/k360-get-help.html

Depends where the file is. If it’s in a library on your site navigate to the library and go edit the file. You might have to use sharepoint design to get to the file if you can’t get to it by trimming / navigating the the URL. Just put in the URL and remove the file name out and see if it will nav to it.

That is it! So I have 2 scenarios. 

1 - It navigates to a SP list where there is a url I can update. But there is a limit of 255 characters and the link I copied for my new power app is > 255. I am getting the link by going to the SP list for my power app and opening a new request, and copying the link. Is there a way to shorten it or a way to take off the 255 character limit?

2 - It navigates to a SP list with a HTML doc. The doc has code and it seems a little more complicated than copying and pasting the URL. I attached the code I highlighted the part I believe needs to be updated. I doubt you can tell without having access to the SP sites but I attached in case you had some pointers to how I would update this code. 

I'm pretty sure you can just change the PageType= to 4 instead of 8 for the Powerapp to load, but I don't have a test setup to verify.
best response confirmed by kywest (Microsoft)
Solution
Also, if your Form, is SharePoint integrated, you should just be able to link right to the newform.aspx, you shouldn't need all the extra stuff.

So https://domain.sharepoint.com/site/Lists/Test%20List/NewForm.aspx for example.

Thank you so much!! I successfully updated both links.

@kywest 

We are doing a webinar on the same topic, where we will try to resolve the same query. Here are the details :- 

TOPIC: Infopath 'end of life' Modern UI to PowerApps / Flow

WHEN: 1st August, 2019 @ 12pm EST

PRESENTER: Ashish Gupta, Sr. Solutions Architect, Microsoft Practice, Microexcel Inc.

Below are points which will be covered during the webinar:

• InfoPath’s End of Life.

• Introduction of Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps and Flow)

• PowerApps and Flow capabilities

• Some real-life implementation examples of PowerApps and Flow

REGISTRATION LINK - https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8911510257064040451

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kywest (Microsoft)
Solution
Also, if your Form, is SharePoint integrated, you should just be able to link right to the newform.aspx, you shouldn't need all the extra stuff.

So https://domain.sharepoint.com/site/Lists/Test%20List/NewForm.aspx for example.

View solution in original post