Classic People Search using Hyperfish Employee Directory Throttling

Copper Contributor

Hi All.

We followed the Hyperfish Employee Directory guide and the display templates from GitHub to set up an employee directory in our SPO tentant in July, 2019. It was working like a charm until recently when we received throttling error.  The query has not changed.

ThrottleError.png

Here is the following query in the People Search Core Results webpart:

{searchboxquery} contentclass=spspeople
-"SPS-HideFromAddressLists":1

Is there some throttling limit that has changed for RESTful calls? Has anyone else run into this issue?  Your help will be kindly appreciated.

Thank you,

2 Replies

@3mmmiller 

We are also facing this issue since yesterday in couple of the development tenant so it looks like something is wrong with Microsoft Search service for some region. 

I have checked service health page page, there it should not show any issue.

kalpeshvaghela_0-1662610652396.png

Hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon or you can register support ticket to Microsoft.

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

@3mmmiller 

Hello,

Our company is in the same situation. We followed the Hyperfish guide back in 2019 to create an employee directory and it's been working great up until now. We are seeing the same throttling warning when using the query builder. I think the cause/solution is explained in the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/how-to-avoid-getting-throttled-o...

It would seem that Microsoft is pushing us to modify our custom display templates to utilize the Microsoft Graph API instead of REST.

I'm no web developer so this is all a bit over my head, but it would be great to get some guidance on how to modify our display templates to use the Microsoft Graph API.