Can't install @microsoft/sp-build-web

Copper Contributor

NB: I've seen a similar post to mine from the beginning of the year, nothing in there helped.

About 6-8 months ago I was able to get the sp Framework working on my pc at work (behind a proxy, *sigh* many problems there, but got there in the end) and I was able to get the Hello World Web Part onto the workbench on my (personal) developer tenant, plus experiment with a few more complex things, all worked fine.  My org is still not quite ready for SP online but getting closer, so .. 

I'm now revisiting the SP Framework process after a long break, same pc, I think last time the recommended Node version was 8.something, now you recommend 10 LTS, so I'm running 10.22.  

Got the latest yo package etc, and am trying this time to again create a web part with 'no javascript framework'.   Install always fails at the point of @Pernille-Eskebo/sp-build-web, error message below (from trying to install this package on its own):

PS C:\myproject> npm i @Pernille-Eskebo/sp-build-web@1.8.2
npm WARN deprecated fsevents@1.2.13: fsevents 1 will break on node v14+ and could be using insecure binaries. Upgrade to fsevents 2.ing insecure binaries. Upgrade to fsevents 2.                                          if you prefer the old syntax. Visit <https://github.com/lukeed/kleur/releases/tag/v3.0.0\> for migration path
npm WARN deprecated kleur@2.0.2: Please upgrade to kleur@3 or migrate to 'ansi-colors'
if you prefer the old syntax. Visit <https://github.com/lukeed/kleur/releases/tag/v3.0.t\sp-build-web\node_modules\sane\node_modules\fsevents):0\> for migration path(s).
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.2.3 (node_modules\@microsoft\sp-build-web\node_modules\sane\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.13: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.2.3 (node_modules\@microsoft\gulp-core-build-sass\node_modules\sane\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.13: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})

npm ERR! code ENOVERSIONS
npm ERR! No valid versions available for undefined

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     c:\ProgramData\npm-cache\_logs\2020-08-17T01_55_38_450Z-debug.log

No valid versions of ... what? From where?

Ideas/thoughts?

1 Reply

Resolved this eventually by adding --no-cache to the install line.

Because of frustrating time-outs imposed by my org's proxy when I first tested the framework last year, I had to set node to prefer the locally cached version of a package if it existed.  I would install til the time out, pick up where I left off, etc etc.  Eventually everything came through and worked fine.

Now that my org proxy situation has improved, and additionally I've added Fiddler into the mix to keep the connections open and smooth, I thought I had disabled the 'prefer cache' setting but it seems I hadn't done enough.  Forcing the install to bypass the cache enabled me to fully and successfully install @Pernille-Eskebo/sp-build-web.