SOLVED

Building SharePoint forms with default form or PowerApp form?

Copper Contributor
Hi Guys,

I am building a SharePoint form which require the following function:
  1. Data validation
  2. Retrieve data from database 
    - for instance, retrieve client data after inserting client code/ID

Now I am looking whether to learn default SharePoint form or leap to advance form using PowerApps. Appreciate if you all can share some advice.

Thank you!
3 Replies

@bradt30h as you'll be retrieving client data from a database you'll need to build a Power Apps customized form as, depending what the database platform is, you can add it as a datasource in your form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks for your reply Rob,

Imagine, if the database is in excel/SharePoint (SP), I suppose it can be done using SP default forms right?

Rgds
Brad
best response confirmed by bradt30h (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@bradt30h if it's in SharePoint yes you can just use a lookup column, but if it's in any other app then you'd need a Power Apps form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bradt30h (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@bradt30h if it's in SharePoint yes you can just use a lookup column, but if it's in any other app then you'd need a Power Apps form.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post