Apply-SPOProvisioningTemplate : This operation is invalid in the HashTags term set.

MVP

I'm using Get-SPOProvisioningTemplate to export my site and I'm including all termgroups.

The export is workign fine.

When I'm applying the template I'm getting this:

Apply-SPOProvisioningTemplate : This operation is invalid in the HashTags term set. The operation failed.

the Hastags termset is refering to the Hashtags shown in the below screen shot (under the System Terms). This comes with the default contoso sites (as created with an Office 365 demo from demos.microsoft.com).

Hashtags.png

Should PnP be able handle (maybe even ignore) these hashtags?

@Vesa Juvonen, What is the recommended approach for this?

I'm trying to use the .pnp file format but I can't easily edit this. Or should I switch over to the .xml format where I can manually edit and remove the terms that I don't want to import.

4 Replies

I think it is a issue in the illigal chars of the termgroups. can you also post your export to take a look.

Hi @Deleted, I'm not sure if it is the invalid characters. I noticed that when I go the admin center there 'termgroups' don't seem to be normal termgroups. So it could also simply be that an operation doesn't exist on this type of term group.

I'm guessing that -ExcludeSystemTerms would be a good option to add to the ProvisioingTemplate CmdLets. Or maybe even -ExcludeTermGroup

That is true Pieter did not think of that one.

I just ran into this issue again. The HashTags term set as it is confgiured on a Microsoft demo tenant seems to cause trouble with PnP.

Has anybody else seen this?