Add-PnPListItem return value

Copper Contributor

I have a question about the PowerShell command "Add-PnPListItem" to create a list item in SharePointOnline.

Does the "Add-PnPListItem" command create a task for the list item? Or is it a command to actually create the list item?

In the past, when I used the "New-Team" PowerShell command to create a Teams team, it terminated normally without any error, but the team I created was not created.

When I contacted Microsoft support, they told me that "New-Team" only creates the task to create the team, and if the task to create the team is created successfully, "New-Team" does not return an error message whether the team is actually created or not.
If the task to create the team is successfully created, the error message whether the team is actually created on the Teams side will not be returned by "New-Team".

I would like to confirm whether the fact that the "Add-PnPListItem" command completes without generating an error is a sign that the item has been created on the SharePointOnline side.

=================================

■Japanese

SharePointOnlineにリストアイテムを作成するPowerShellコマンド「Add-PnPListItem」について質問がございます。

「Add-PnPListItem」コマンドはリストアイテムのタスクを作成するコマンドでしょうか。それとも、リストアイテムを実際に作成するコマンドでしょうか。

以前、Teamsのチームを作成するPowerShellコマンド「New-Team」を利用していた際、

「New-Team」実行時にエラーが発生せずに正常終了しましたが、作成したチームが作成されていないことがありました。

そこでMicrosoftのサポートで問い合わせた所、「New-Team」はチームを作成するためのタスクを作成する処理までしか行っておらず、チームを作成するタスクが正常に作成されれば、Teams側で実際にチームが作成されたかどうかのエラーメッセージは「New-Team」では返さないというご回答を頂きました。

「Add-PnPListItem」コマンドでエラーが発生せずに完了したことを、SharePointOnline側でアイテムが作成されていると考えて問題ないかを確認させていただきたいです。

=================================

0 Replies