Access Request Sharepoint Site

Copper Contributor

Hi Experts,

I am looking for a SharePoint functionality to implement in our reporting project.

I have a SQL server database table which has City Hierarchy data. Now I want to build a Reports Access Site which should have the City arranged in hierarchical order (Country->Region->State->City).In order to view the data for respective cities, the user need to go to this site and create an access request by selecting the cities/state/region/country he needs access to and then submit for approval.

This request should then go through various approval levels and then store this request along with approval details/status in another database table in SQL SERVER so that it can be used by system to provide access.

Is this doable and if yes then is there any links/videos which can guide me on how to do it.

Thanks

Nivi

1 Reply

@NiviPower : Yes, this seems to be possible. Once the request get approved, at the back end you have to do some parallel operation filter a query based on (Country->Region->State->City) and pass it to the SharePoint view so that SharePoint view gets filtered according the query. You can then either user to export this data for the reporting purpose.

Or else same can be achieved through PowerBI to which you have to use Power Automate and PowerBI connectors.