Home

Position of the hub nav bar

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I've noticed that the new Hub nav bar position is above the top placeholder used for extensions.

This means this placeholder is bewteen two native elements which makes it harder to have a custom look and feel on this part of the screen...

5 Replies
Highlighted
Going to post my full question in a similar topic, as I don't seem to be able to start a new discussion: Hello everyone, FIrst of all, let me apologize if this is a repeated question, but I didn't read all the previous questions. This is the scenario: We developed a custom global navigation, in form of a mega menu, using SPFx extensions application customizer. This is present in all the site collections at the moment and it's taxonomy driven. Questions: Where does the top place holder sits in relation to the hubs top navigation (on top/bottom)? Is the top navigation on hub sites optional? Can we customize the top navigation (get the items and apply custom rendering)? Was this scenario planned? What's exactly the right approach in our case? Many thanks, Rodrigo
Highlighted
This is a good thing to call out. I think it would be beneficial to have the extension be supported in both locations.
Highlighted

The SharePoint Engineering team is aware of the concerns that are raised by this situation and they have said they are working on a solution. That being said at the moment we are stuck with the hub nav above our extensions. Something to keep in mind when architecting solutions.

Highlighted
Good point Jonathan, we'll follow up on that but agree it should be below the placeholder.
Highlighted
Rodrigo, the placeholder should sit above the hub nav bar. If you make a site a hub site or associate a site to a hub, you will get the hub nav (not optional).