Sensitivity Column in SharePoint is blank

Iron Contributor

Hi,

We recently enabled sensitivity labels in our tenant and I added a document in a SharePoint library. The document was created using the online app and I assigned it a label. 

After saving, I added the Sensitivity column to the library and I could see the label. I was then trying to print a PDF version of the document to see if Adobe would transfer the label. When I uploaded the PDF to the library, the word document lost its label and now the Sensitivity column is empty. 

I open the word document in the desktop client and my sensitivity button is greyed out, however in the online web app I can see the labels and even if I change the label, the column in SharePoint is blank.

Any ideas? 

3 Replies

@Dhiran Gajjar 

Have you tried to apply the label to the PDF file using AIP Client in File Explorer and then upload it? 

@Dhiran Gajjar 

Did you find a solution for the blank sensitivity column?

We have the same problem where we have sensitivy labels published together with a policy, but for some reason the column in SharePoint stays empty. And the problem for us is with all labels both the encrypted ones and the ones that don't use encryption.

Hi @Jamal_A613,

If we upload files to SP, then the label should appear after 15-20 minutes. I believe this is by design. However we cannot get our encrypted label to show up as from my understanding the SP indexing is not allowed to have access to the document and therefore cannot verify the label. 

If the documents are not showing any labels then I would raise a support ticket.