Security & Compliance portal layout different for Global Admins and other admins

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm having a strange issue in the Security & Complicance Admin Center. There are different layouts used for different kind of administrators.

When I logon as a Global Admin, I see a new layout since a couple of weeks.

I configured a custom role (almost like the eDiscovery manager role) for admins to use preservation policies. These admins see the "old" layout when they logon to the portal.

Why is this happening?

This is not very handy when writing procedures for a global company!

regards,

Peter

2 Replies

Welcome to the cloud :) The SCC now has (almost full) support for RBAC roles, so seeing a reduced number of features depending on the role is expected. If you are seeing some "older" version of the portal though, this might be something related to the servers the user in question is "homed" on.

As the SCC started it's journey as an EAC clone, you can try moving the mailbox to a different server (via the New-MoveRequest cmdlet), but I'm not sure this will make a difference. Open a support case I guess?

Hi Vasil,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It is not about seeing features in the menu or not, it's about the layout of the portal when managing/creating preservation policies. That is completely different. (old vs new layout).

I already have a case open with Microsoft on preservation policies, I'll mention it when they get back to me.

regards,

Peter