Now in preview: SharePoint supports additional collaboration scenarios for labeled and protected doc

Microsoft

Is collaborating on documents in SharePoint Online preventing users in your organization from protecting sensitive documents? Are your users choosing collaboration over security? Are you worried about unprotected sensitive data in SharePoint Online?

SharePoint Online has enabled support for documents protected with sensitivity labels. This helps users accelerate their collaboration while ensuring important information is protected from accidental oversharing or misuse.

What that means for you:

• Users can upload labeled and protected documents to SharePoint Online, view, edit and co-author the documents using the Office Online apps, if the permissions permit.
  • When documents are downloaded, they remain protected, ensuring that security policies are adhered to.
  • Office 365 eDiscovery supports full text search of protected documents.
  • Office 365 Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies can work with the contents of protected documents.

We would like to invite you to nominate yourself for the private preview; we will contact you if your organization is accepted. Learn more in the blog from the SharePoint team.

7 Replies

@Krishnamurthy-V the nomination form is blocked or not enabled to get private preview access.

2019-06-17_163924.jpg

@mozilla0 : Let me see if there were any issues and get back to you. Thanks

Same here, tried with a developer tenant global admin account.

@mozilla0 : 

This should now be fixed. Sorry for the delay. Please do let me know if you still have issues. 

Thanks

@Stefan Hefele : 

This should now be fixed. Sorry for the delay. Please do let me know if you still have issues. 

Thanks

@Krishnamurthy-V 

Hi, we applied for private preview quite some time ago 6/24/2019, is there a possibility to know some status, as we haven't received any feedback yet? Feel free to DM me to get tenant details. Thanks!