Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

M365 Group Sensitivity Labels not showing up in Teams (GCC)

Brass Contributor

Hello!

I am working with a GCC client who is very happy to finally have Sensitivity Labels and Policies show up in their GCC tenant!

They want to use labels to manage external access to M365 Groups (mainly for Teams), with the "Let M365 Group Owners add people outside the organization to the group" setting within the label configuration options.  We have created an "external" and "internal" label accordingly, and published said labels with accompanying policies. Both policies target a mail-enabled AAD security group...

Members of the label policy targeted security group can see and apply labels via the SPO admin center, but not in Teams or the Teams Admin Center, for new or existing Teams.

I can test this same workflow in my (commercial) demo tenant without issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to why we can't label new and/or existing Teams?

Thanks so much in advance!

4 Replies
I'm seeing the same issue in a GCC tenant I work on. Did this get resolved, and what was the resolution?

@JohnMcCaffrey

I am facing the same issue. Did you find a resolution?

Was this ever resolved? I am about to do the same thing in a clients' GCC tenant.
We are experiencing the same issue in our GCC tenant.
• SharePoint Online: Sensitivity label is available
• MS Teams sites: Sensitivity label is NOT available
• M365 Groups: Sensitivity label is NOT available

We were told sensitivity labels have been available in GCC since MAR-2021. We have MS support case but will likely need escalation because we are all the proper configuration settings in place.