Disposed files cannot be viewed by non-admin users

Bronze Contributor

I have an issue setting up the disposition view for standard non-admin users. I have followed the documented steps in the Microsoft Docs to create a new Disposition permission level and give that Level the Disposition management and View Only Audit Logs roles.

This is in 2 separate customer tenants and the users have E5 licenses. The errors at the disposition page include  {{getStatusText()}} or "No Items to display" .  I have opened a ticket with support but just wondered if anyone has had similar issues and if any one knows of some steps I am missing to give the users permissions to review the items that have reached their retention period for each label that has been setup. All items are in SharePoint. 

Many Thanks

Andy

1 Reply

I am a week into a support ticket with Microsoft and no joy on this so far. Observations so far:-

When creating roles where the Disposition view is in the "Protection.office.com" as per the documentation these roles do not appear in the new Compliance centre. Either the new compliance centre security roles do not work at all yet or the old disposition view does not work and the documentation has not been updated.  Documentation here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/disposition-reviews 

@Ryan Heffernan@Peter Cardwell Any help would be appreciated.