Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Announcing the release of Threat Intelligence and Advanced Data Governance, plus significant...

Former Employee

Announcing the release of Threat Intelligence and Advanced Data Governance, plus significant updates to Advanced Threat Protection

Today, the Office 365 Team is pleased to announce several enhancements that bolster Office 365’s security and compliance capabilities.

With the launch of Office 365 Threat Intelligence, the Team is enriching security in Office 365 to help customers stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Today, they will also be introducing a new reporting interface to improve the customer experience for Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) and extending the ATP Safe Links feature to Word, Excel and PowerPoint for Office 365 ProPlus desktop clients.

Office 365 Advanced Data Governance also launches today, providing customers with robust compliance capabilities. A new policy management interface for Data Loss Protection (DLP), helps Office 365 customers remain compliant and in control of their data.

The enhancements include:

• Enhancing threat protection—a path to proactive cyber-defense with Office 365 Threat Intelligence
  • New Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) reporting interface
  • Extending ATP Safe Links to Office 365 ProPlus desktop clients
  • Ensuring compliance—why Office 365 Advanced Data Governance matters
  • Enhanced Office 365 Data Loss Prevention (DLP) management experience

MSTCommunity 04_4.png

Read the full announcement on Office Blogs.

5 Replies

I started the one month trial and got 25 licenses. Are those end user licenses (like I need 1 for every user in my tenant) or is that for people who are going to access the analytics only?

Thanks,
Rob.

I do not understand whether ATP Safe Links is part of the Office ProPlus and E3 plans? Or is it only included in E5? For E5, what additional plan is required to get the ATP Safe Links feature if we have E3 plans? I'm confused with all the plans mentioned in the post. 

Thanks for a hint.

Regards

Tobias

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Customers with subscriptions to select Exchange or Office 365 plans can add Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) fpr $2.00 user/month, as a stand-alone subscription.

Or, Advanced Threat Protection is included in the Office 365 E5 subscription, along with many other advanced capabilites including: Advanced eDiscovery, Advanced Data Governance, Customer Lockbox, Advanced analytics with Power BI Pro and MyAnalytics. (And much more!)

Visit: https://products.office.com/en-us/exchange/online-email-threat-protection

for more details on ATP and pricing.  

-Marissa

Those licenses refer to end user licenses. You will need 1 user license for every Office 365 user. Individual users can also have additional subscriptions added to their account if they need advanced capabilities.

-Marissa
I'd like to know this as well. How many users do we need to license? Is it only users who will use the monitoring admin tools or do we need a license for each user in the tenant?

Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Customers with subscriptions to select Exchange or Office 365 plans can add Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) fpr $2.00 user/month, as a stand-alone subscription.

Or, Advanced Threat Protection is included in the Office 365 E5 subscription, along with many other advanced capabilites including: Advanced eDiscovery, Advanced Data Governance, Customer Lockbox, Advanced analytics with Power BI Pro and MyAnalytics. (And much more!)

Visit: https://products.office.com/en-us/exchange/online-email-threat-protection

for more details on ATP and pricing.  

-Marissa

View solution in original post