Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

AIP & eDiscovery

Deleted
Not applicable

I see that the unified label management interface has appeared in my targeted test tenant. When I create a new sensitivity policy and enable encryption for protection it warns me that things like search and eDiscovery will not work...even when using MS cloud-managed keys.

I had assumed a similar capability existed to on-prem SharePoint where you can make it RMS aware so that search could co-exist?

So I can choose encryption to prevent data loss or I can have eDiscovery but not both? Is that right?

3 Replies

Mark you can now apply both a Sensitivity & a Retention label to a document for instance, please see this recent session (recording & slides) from Microsoft Ignite that explains our Information Protection strategy & roadmap: BRK2006 - Use Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) to help protect your sensitive data everywhere,...

Thanks Christophe - my question is more that when you define a sensitivity label and turn on encryption you get a warning that eDiscovery will not work with content that has that label applied...