SOLVED

Sensitive Data

Iron Contributor

Hello,

Kindly want to know how we can detect credit card numbers digits without typing the name before the number?

for example: if directly the user types 1234 3654 6547 6789

Regards,

5 Replies
You should work with Data loss prevention in the Microsoft Purview portal (compliance.microsoft.com). Either built-in template or configure your create a custom policy.
I created the policy and it worked when i write in the email credit card number is .
But my question is how we can detected when directly type the digits?

Regards,
best response confirmed by ElieAT (Iron Contributor)
Solution
You'll want to create a custom sensitive information type under Purview's Data Classification and use a REGEX as a primary pattern; then, include this SIT into a DLP policy. If you want an example of a REGEX for Credit Card numbers, you can just search for them online. :) ALSO, you could copy the existing credit card SIT definition from the same Data Classification SIT list and then edit the copied SIT to exclude the keyword requirement.
The custom policy I mentioned but in detail :)
Hello,

Thanks it helped.

Regards,

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ElieAT (Iron Contributor)
Solution
You'll want to create a custom sensitive information type under Purview's Data Classification and use a REGEX as a primary pattern; then, include this SIT into a DLP policy. If you want an example of a REGEX for Credit Card numbers, you can just search for them online. :) ALSO, you could copy the existing credit card SIT definition from the same Data Classification SIT list and then edit the copied SIT to exclude the keyword requirement.

View solution in original post