Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Secure Score no longer updating

Copper Contributor

I've been working on improving our "secure score" but the last time it updated was on Feb 26th. Any idea why it stopped scanning? Is there still no way to perform a manual scan?

8 Replies

There isn't an option for manual scans, that would be a nice feature request and had been mentioned in the preview discussion.  Scans are every 24 hours I believe.  I just checked our dashboard and the last results were from February 27th. From Brandon Koeller:

"The Secure Score is calculated once per day (at 1am PST). Otherwise, you should see your score reflect your actions within a maximum of 24 hours!"  Anything labelled [Not Scored] won't change the score.

I'd asked about what support is available for Secure Score that has gone unanswered in another post, for these type of problems.

I made some changes for scored criteria, and my score did not change.  I have waited over 49 hours .  I verified that the changes were made.

I had a look at the Introducing the Office 365 Secure Score support article and it says this:

How often is my score updated?

The score is calculated once per day (around 1:00 AM PST). If you make a change to a measured action, the score will automatically update the next day. It takes up to 48 hours for a change to be reflected in your score.

So two days isn't unexpected but if it goes on much longer it may be an issue.

Thanks, I will check it in every Monday.

Hi all,

my score isn´t updated since Wednesday either! Seems to be a behaviour on more than one account. Checking my Score it states March 1st. Even the analyzer stopps on March 1st, even when earlier every day hit a check.

best regards,

Stefan

My score did update - sort of. My last update was 28 Feb.

I've run into this same issue with no fix.  Working to contact support today.

Has anyone else found a fix?

After connecting with MS they said that this is an issue they can replicate internally and there is no fix. They recommended to submit Feedback: https://portal.office.com/SendSmile?wid=38