Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Retention labels & automatic deletion

Deleted
Not applicable

I was wondering how long it normally takes to remove content at the end of a retention period.

As a test I have some labels set up to retain content for 1 day and mark as record and automatically delete at the end of the period. As expected I cannot delete the content within day 1 but it has been 2 days now so the retention period is now over and the content is still there?

1 Reply
best response
Solution

Depends on the workload. For Exchange, it can take up to 7 days before the MFA processes the mailbox, thus up to a week. Teams in general don't support anything lower than 7 days just yet. SharePoint has also a 7 day cleanup period if I remember correctly. So maybe I should rephrase my initial statement to "7 days" :D

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Depends on the workload. For Exchange, it can take up to 7 days before the MFA processes the mailbox, thus up to a week. Teams in general don't support anything lower than 7 days just yet. SharePoint has also a 7 day cleanup period if I remember correctly. So maybe I should rephrase my initial statement to "7 days" :D

View solution in original post