Recommended Microsoft Backup and Restore

Copper Contributor

design.png

Hello guys, 

I just want some help here. I've been assign a task to have a recommendation for backup and restore for our Active Directory. Our setup is our GLOBAL AD is in the cloud then for every location we have 1 forest that has a one way trust to the GLOBAL AD in the cloud and just the active directory is installed in every server. My question is what is the best back up and restore solution for this kind of setup? 

Here is my plan and I'm not sure if this is the best solution.

Full Backup

• Backs up all server data, including applications and the operating system
  • Includes the system state
  • Allows for bare metal recovery – This allows for restoring to an entirely different piece of hardware. Although, it is recommended that the hardware receiving the restore have the same hardware configuration.
  • The full backup option is best used for restoring the whole server to the same or different server. A full restore will allow you to easily re-install the operating system and use the backup to recover.

Thank you so much.

2 Replies

@youjace25 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/security-compliance-and-identity/ct-p/MicrosoftSecurityandCom...

Hello I suggest you start a discussion in this community to get an answer faster!

@youjace25 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Security, Compliance and Identity space - please post relevant questions here in the future.