New Blog Post | MVP Health Care secures member portal access with Microsoft Azure Active Directory

Microsoft

CLO18_programmingCode_001-900x360.jpg

MVP Health Care secures member portal access with Microsoft Azure Active Directory B2C - Microsoft S...

Hello! I’m Sue Bohn, Microsoft Vice President of Program Management for Identity and Network Access. In today’s Voice of the Customer blog post, Chief Technology Officer and Chief Information Security Officer David Swits of MVP Health Care shares how Microsoft Azure Active Directory B2C helped the organization modernize and simplify portal authentication.

As both Chief Technology Officer and the Chief Information Security Officer at MVP Health Care, I believe you must design your technology solutions with security as the foundation and then overlay the functionality. When building online portals to be accessible to four groups—individual members, employers, healthcare providers, and brokers—MVP Health Care prioritized security as much as ease of use and the user experience (UX). After all, stolen healthcare data is highly prized by cybercriminals, and we have a duty to protect members’ information.

MVP Health Care is a regional, not-for-profit health plan with 700,000 members and 1,700 employees in New York and Vermont. When I joined in 2018, the company was eight to nine years behind on technology. Our objective was to embark on digital transformation so the company could more easily and efficiently serve our constituents. As a Microsoft-first organization, that meant turning to Microsoft technology as we reinvented our infrastructure and replaced our traditional authentication methods with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) External Identities for B2C user journeys.

0 Replies