New Blog Post | Microsoft Sentinel this Week – Issue #81

Microsoft

AshleyMartin_0-1664549709227.png

Microsoft Sentinel this Week – Issue #81 - Azure Cloud & AI Domain Blog (azurecloudai.blog)

Happy Friday everyone! We’ve made it through another week and headed into the weekend. I hope your week was good, both personally and professionally.
The content for this week’s newsletter is a bit sparser than normal. But not to worry.
I’ll let you in on a Microsoft secret.

When a major Microsoft conference is near, the content we provide in blogs, videos, etc. slow down, almost to a stop.

Microsoft Ignite is coming up (October 12-14) and we need things to announce so the content tap will be adjusted back to a drip. Once Ignite happens and we make our announcements, you’ll see a flurry of activity and that content tap opened full force to drive interest and build knowledge on the new features and products.

This isn’t a new thing. It’s a tale as old as time.

If you’re looking for Security sessions for Microsoft Ignite, look no further than the list I’ve curated here: Security Sessions for Microsoft Ignite 2022
We have a couple YAMS this week, giving you the best opportunity to give back to the community.

Microsoft Sentinel: SIEM Health & Monitoring Survey
The Microsoft Sentinel team would like to learn more about your SIEM system health and monitoring needs. We are working to expand health monitoring functionality within Microsoft Sentinel and will use the information you provide to make decisions regarding the inclusion of new features and capabilities.

UEBA Engine Survey 
As a preparation for the next semester, we want to understand more about your use in the UEBA capabilities and how we can make it more relevant and focused to your needs.
Please provide feedback in as much detail as possible, including examples. The more detailed the feedback, the better we will be able to improve the service and make it more valuable and useful for you. 
I took look this week at the Content Hub area in my Microsoft Sentinel environment to realize I had 14 Solution updates available. These can really get away from you. How often do you check and update these?
Here’s a survey link: https://rodtrent.com/o46
Your responses can help drive awareness that this is a problem.

REMINDER:
How are you coming with Kusto Detective? https://detective.kusto.io/
The next case will be released this Sunday and they tell me that actual prizes will be distributed to the first 300 to successfully complete the case.
I’ve been having a lot of fun with this. Throw in some SWAG and it’s almost too good to be true.
That’s it from me for this week. After being out of office for a couple weeks, I’m still digging out. I’m making progress, though.

Talk soon.

0 Replies