New Blog Post | Microsoft Defender Weekly Wrap - Issue #20

Microsoft

Defenderbanner.png

Microsoft Defender Weekly Wrap - Issue #20 | Revue (getrevue.co)

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to Issue #20 of this finely established weekly missive.
It’s been a busy week here - and that’s generally a good thing as the busyness makes the workdays go much quicker. Except, there was a couple times where it was simply too busy. I’m sure we all feel that way from time-to-time. Luckily, I was able to push through and turn everything into success. And that’s saying something.
One thing I want to highlight this week that I believe is monumental and that is the announcement for Microsoft Defender for Identity (MDI).
I co-host a weekly podcast called Microsoft Security Insights on Wednesday evenings. On last week’s podcast, we talked Microsoft Defender for Identity with Chris Smith and Joe Anich. During that discussion, it was noted that while MDI is a stellar - almost perfect - tool, it still couldn’t do any more than monitor.

Well, fast forward to this week, and it seems like someone was listening in. As noted in the Defender for Identity section below, Microsoft Defender for Identity now supports Response Actions.
The feature is limited to two different responses (disable user and reset user password) but that’s still a significant improvement and one that customers have been hoping for. It’s still early days and more responses are planned, but read through it and try it out when you get a chance.
That’s it from me for this week. I hope your weekend and week ahead are wonderful.

Talk soon.
0 Replies