SOLVED

Move data to the UK Office 365 Data Center

Silver Contributor

Customers can now request to move core Office 365 data to the UK Data Centres. This is done with a data residency option which will be available until September 15, 2017.  The move will take up to 24 months and completed by September 2019. 

This covers core data only - Exchange Online mailbox content (email body, calendar entries, and the content of email attachments) and SharePoint Online site content and the files stored within that site, and files uploaded to OneDrive for Business.  This does not cover Dynamics 365, which isn't currently available in the UK Data Centres.  

I have written a quick TechNet Wiki article with more details - How to Change Office 365 Data Center Regions or just go straight to Moving core data to new Office 365 datacenter regions.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

Hi Everyone,

I would love to get a feel for how others are preparing for a potential move. How are you starting your planning, what business decisions has drawn you to this, Brexit, Legal Requirements, new legislations? I am trying to justify a move, future proofing the data and avoiding pain later. If anyone knows of anyone on this journey or can supply some information around there choice and what decided a move was best I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

Hi Everyone,

I would love to get a feel for how others are preparing for a potential move. How are you starting your planning, what business decisions has drawn you to this, Brexit, Legal Requirements, new legislations? I am trying to justify a move, future proofing the data and avoiding pain later. If anyone knows of anyone on this journey or can supply some information around there choice and what decided a move was best I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

View solution in original post