SOLVED

Disable Print Option from Outlook Web Access

Brass Contributor

Hi, We would like to disable Print option in Outlook web access for off-premises access. Other office applications like Word, excel already print function disabled as part of SharePoint/OneDrive policy.

However users are able to print from their Outloook Web Access (OWA) while they access from off-premises. Is there any way we can disable print option?

3 Replies
Do you mean blocking this for attachments, or blocking print overall? The former can be blocked via the "limited access" feature, very similar to the SPO/ODFB one. I've blogged about it a while back: https://blog.quadrotech-it.com/blog/office-365-owa-mail-and-outlook-updates/
Blocking printing overall is not feasible, as users can just hit the browser print button, take a screenshot, etc.
Thank You Vasil. I have checked your blog already. However our requirement is to disable print option in OWA, not only attachments but email itself.
best response confirmed by VKantamneni (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Not possible to do so on unmanaged devices I'm afraid, as they can use the browser's print functionality.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VKantamneni (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Not possible to do so on unmanaged devices I'm afraid, as they can use the browser's print functionality.

View solution in original post