Compliance Manager (preview) Performance Issues

Brass Contributor

I am UK based and using Compliance Manager to complete various assessments and the performance is so bad its making it almost unworkable. 

I've been using it every day for a week or so and it always takes about 5 seconds to load the users on assignment (only 5 users on the tenant) and 30 seconds to save each action.

I also get errors a couple of times a day where I can't log in, save or the user list times out when loading (seems to be 120 seconds) This usually lasts 10 to 15 minutes.

I appreciate this is in preview but can anyone confirm if this performance is normal and are there plans to address as its adding days onto the time to update actions because the system is slow. If I'd known about the performance issues I'd have probably steered the customer away from using Compliance Manager but now we're committed to using it I'll have to set expectations about how much longer the exercise will take due to system performance.   

If anyone can point me in the right direction to raise a support ticket and thinks this would be helpful then please let me know details. 

1 Reply

Hi @Chris Johnston ,

On the support side of things, its recommended by Microsoft not to use Preview features in production as the features are warts and all. You can raise a ticket in the Office 365 Admin centre but there are no service level agreements and as I have found reporting bugs doesn't do a great deal of good, it does seem a bit of a gap in support, teams are just tasked with closing the tickets rather than passing onto the applicable team. Have a go and see how you get on.