SOLVED

Change Record Label Retention (Record Management)

Copper Contributor

Once we have applied file plan and use with manage document.  Then the regulation has changed retention requirements e.g. Keep from 5 Years to 7 Years.  ,   Change "retention settings" in Record Label seem not possible..    Create new Record Label also not a good idea as there are thousand documents already applied with 5 Year Retention Record label.

How can we adjust retention setting of existing Record Label without the need to reapply new "record label" to all existing files? 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Trevor_Rusher (Community Manager)
Solution

@tnopchai - you actually can change the retention period for a record or retention label. To do this:

1. Navigate to the compliance center > Records management > click on file plan tab.
  2. Check the box next to the label you would like to edit.
  3. Click on the pencil icon on the top tool bar (edit label button).
  4. Click Next twice.
  5. Choose a new retention period from the drop down or specify your own period.
  6. Click Next, Edit label.
  7. You change is complete.

Please let me know if you have further questions or comments.

@EricaToelle   Negative, Standard Retention Label we can change retention period. but if the label has retention setting marked as Record. it seem no way we can make change of retention period.   this is troublesome for files that has been applied with this label but the regulation/policy has changed and we need to adjust it.   I hope Microsoft has some way to override this settings. 

tnopchai_0-1637719936971.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Trevor_Rusher (Community Manager)
Solution

@tnopchai - you actually can change the retention period for a record or retention label. To do this:

1. Navigate to the compliance center > Records management > click on file plan tab.
  2. Check the box next to the label you would like to edit.
  3. Click on the pencil icon on the top tool bar (edit label button).
  4. Click Next twice.
  5. Choose a new retention period from the drop down or specify your own period.
  6. Click Next, Edit label.
  7. You change is complete.

Please let me know if you have further questions or comments.

View solution in original post