Cannot Select OneDrive for Custodian in Advanced eDiscovery Case

Copper Contributor

Hello!

In brief, I created an advanced eDiscovery case and initiated a bulk import of 5 custodians via Microsoft 365 Compliance Center. While the bulk import template sets Exchange and OneDrive to TRUE, and after the bulk import is complete, I confirm the mailbox added for all 5 custodians. However, it does not add the OneDrive directory for the custodian for 4 out of 5 custodians. When I attempt to manually add the OneDrive directory for one of the 4 custodians, I am unable to click on the "Edit" link in the OneDrive row. Also, I confirmed there is an active OneDrive directory available for each custodian.

Any reason why the OneDrive directory is unavailable, although there is an active OneDrive directory for the custodian? :sad:

1 Reply

@MisterD3k It could be that the 4 custodians are terminated users and therefore released in AD so not visible in Purview Premium...though they are still in your tenant.  To manually add the URL for the One Drive you can add it as a SharePoint location.  Search by the OD4B url and it will come up, click and add and place on hold like any other non custodial data source.  There is a new release coming where we will be able to see those OD4B for terminated custodians coming very soon but until then just add it as a share point hold vs One Drive.