Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Cannot Ignore or mark as 3rd party in SecureScore

Copper Contributor

I don't seem to be able to mark anything as 3rd Party or Ignored. Everytime I click on either of these options, I get a loading bar, then the message:

Please try again later
We have detected an issue during the provisioning of the store for your customized Secure Score configuration. There are several reasons why this may have occurred. We recommend you wait a few minutes and try to save your configuration again. This store is created the very first time you save a custom configuration, so once you have successfully saved once, subsequent custom configurations should save quickly. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for your patience!

Anyone have any ideas?
6 Replies

I have the same issue.

Hi,

I have the same issue.  Unable to select Third-Party for items like MFA for Global Admins.  I tried a regular support ticket, but was referred here.

This Oli from Office 365 Support. For this issue with Microsoft Secure Score it is beyond our scope of support, there is another team that handles this issue, you can post the issue directly to this website: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Compliance/bd-p/security_privacy

Thank you!

Thank you,
Oli Padrones
Office 365 Support

On my dev tenant, I don't have the ignore or 3rd party button at all now, pretty sure it was their last week when I checked after the announcement.

As usual, it might take a while for the feature to be fully deployed and to start working as expected. I dont even have it in my personal tenant, give it few days I guess.

As a side note, personally, I think Office 365 support should be able to deal with Office 365 Secure Score requests.  Referring customers here seems odd to me, as the sole means of assistance, especially as it's been GA 6 months now. I mentioned something back in this thread earlier in the year - Where should I submit issues related to securescore? (plus the 'Visit the Office Network Group for Security' link still hasn't been fixed!)

Far enough it's mentioned in the support article but even the Office 365 Adoption content pack preview is covered by Office 365 support.

Anyway, as has been said, I'm sure this feature will settle down and it will start working in due course.

EDIT - Also, just to say the 'Ability to ignore a control' is listed as In development on the Office 365 roadmap, so that might explain a few things.  Ability to tag a control as met by a 3rd party solution is showing as launched by the way.

@Tom Salvant wrote:

Hi,

I have the same issue.  Unable to select Third-Party for items like MFA for Global Admins.  I tried a regular support ticket, but was referred here.

This Oli from Office 365 Support. For this issue with Microsoft Secure Score it is beyond our scope of support, there is another team that handles this issue, you can post the issue directly to this website: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Compliance/bd-p/security_privacy

Thank you!

Thank you,
Oli Padrones
Office 365 Support

Hey Everyone,

I'm the Program Manager who owns Secure Score.

Sorry to hear your having some issues with the Ignore/3rd Party control, there have been a couple of teething issues with activating the controls for some customers, which we had hoped we has addressed with a couple of fixes late last week. 

If you have still experiencing issues with it, please private message me directly with your tenant name/guid and I will go and investigate with the Dev and get you up and running asap.

As for the support question, yes Secure Score is 100% within the remit of O365 support, we have customers raise support questions as when needed and they get routed to our team, so apologies for the mis-information you received there, I'll go and get that realigned.

Regards

Stu