SOLVED

Can't send documents in OneDrive as a link with label enabled encryption in Office 365 web.

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I want to send OneDrive documents as a link in office 365 web label applied, but it won't be allow me to do that. below are the steps I am doing. appreciate the help.  

• Create a OneDrive document and label as confidential-internal. confidential-internal label has enabled encryption and co-owner permissions to all users in the Organization.
  • Then, attached the document as a link in Office 365 web. Please refer the screenshot.
  • when, attached the document, trying to classified the email as a confidential-internal, but it won't allow me to do that.
  • However, I was able to do the exact same thing via Outlook app. 

dilanmic_0-1660289526089.png

I would appreciate, if anyone point out is there anything I missed or this is the behavior by design. 

Thanks,

Dilan

1 Reply
best response confirmed by dilanmic (Brass Contributor)
Solution
In M365 it's all about sharing links all pointing to either SharePoint or OneDrive. If you want to label the email as described you need to attach a copy of that file (adding it to the email) and not a sharing link. When using the desktop client you've probably attached the file and not a link.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dilanmic (Brass Contributor)
Solution
In M365 it's all about sharing links all pointing to either SharePoint or OneDrive. If you want to label the email as described you need to attach a copy of that file (adding it to the email) and not a sharing link. When using the desktop client you've probably attached the file and not a link.

View solution in original post