SOLVED

Azure Information Protection Scanner: Shows Error: Policy is Missing

Copper Contributor

I have been working on troubleshooting this issue: 

My scanner is setup, I can successfully download a token from Azure. I have policies setup and labels as well. But when I look in the AIP Node, my node is showing Content Scan Job Status as : Error: Policy is missing. 

I am quite at a loss AIPScannerDiagnostics shows the following:

The service didn't accept the auth token. Challenge:[''], CorrelationId=6, CorrelationId.Description=PolicyProfile at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices
ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.InformationProtection.Common.Bootstrapping.PolicyBootstrapper.<LoadEngineImpl>d__7.MoveNext()
-- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.InformationProtection.Common.Bootstrapping.Bootstrapper`1.<LoadEngine>d__103.MoveNext()
-- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.InformationProtection.Common.Bootstrapping.Bootstrapper`1.<Bootstrap>d__96.MoveNext()

Any assistance to resolve this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by William_Eng (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@William_Eng Have you followed this? After you set it up you may need to restart the MIP scanner services... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/rms-client/clientv2-admin-guide-powers...

....What is in your \AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSIP\Logs\MSIPExecutionHost.iplog ?

@Stephen Leuthold So - the answer was in that article. I had created the application, but the application itself did not have a token. I had to delete my application, recreate it to your above article and I was able to grab a real token.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by William_Eng (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@William_Eng Have you followed this? After you set it up you may need to restart the MIP scanner services... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/rms-client/clientv2-admin-guide-powers...

....What is in your \AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSIP\Logs\MSIPExecutionHost.iplog ?

View solution in original post