Some news on the AIP client, with more predictability and standardisation around releases -
- Monthly series with updates on progression of client improvements and developments
- A client preview version most months for testing new features, bugfixes and feedback
- GA level client each quarter which includes the new features & bug fixes from the recent preview versions.
New AIP Client Previews in July and August with the current preview available here https://aka.ms/aipclient
The next GA level client is planned to be released towards the end of September 2017, the current version in the link above as well.
The key features being worked on for the next GA client are -
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Enriching automation in the client (detection of more information types through alignment with the Office DLP rules) and improved condition matching engine.
- Improving the Information Workers experiences (including a label action for ‘user defined permissions’ and a new labeling experience via the ‘protect’ menu for organizations that want to minimize the information protection bar)
This all sounds like good news. More details available here - Azure Information Protection status update – June 2017.