SOLVED

Auto Labelling Policies, sites not populating

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to test the auto-labelling functionality within Compliance > Information Governance > Label Policies

I'm trying for testing purposes to specify a SharePoint site to apply the policy to but when I click 'Edit' under all sites, I am unable to select a site (see screenshot).

I've tried the specific site names, searching just a couple of phrases or letters but I never see any site names pop up.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this just broken :(

Thanks,

T

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Kotus-Tech365 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Kotus-Tech365 I seem to have answered my own question although I'm certain I tried this yesterday and it didn't work...

This post showed the answer, thanks to those community members.

When the wizard shows 'No Data' we have to copy the entire site URL into the box and press enter. This will then populate the required site (https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename)

This is a very different experience than for the other services where a list of users is populated immediately. I wonder if this is just a Microsoft error? This means that the admin creating the policy will need access to the site URL's but I suppose this would be the case for most of us...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kotus-Tech365 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Kotus-Tech365 I seem to have answered my own question although I'm certain I tried this yesterday and it didn't work...

This post showed the answer, thanks to those community members.

When the wizard shows 'No Data' we have to copy the entire site URL into the box and press enter. This will then populate the required site (https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename)

This is a very different experience than for the other services where a list of users is populated immediately. I wonder if this is just a Microsoft error? This means that the admin creating the policy will need access to the site URL's but I suppose this would be the case for most of us...

View solution in original post