SOLVED

App proxy external URL access

Brass Contributor

Hi

If a user has access to an on-prem app that is published via App Proxy using passthrough authentication, can the user access the external URL if they are not assigned the app in Azure AD?

Many thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by stromnessian (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @stromnessian 

Not sure if you've already gotten your answer but I do have an App Proxy with passthrough authentication that is operational even if they are not assigned the app in Azure AD. My understanding is that:

- you would only need to assign the app in Azure AD if you choose your App Proxy Pre Authentication method to "Azure Active Directory"

- passthrough authentication bypasses Azure AD

I've also stumbled upon this really helpful video to understand how both app proxy authentications work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHbYSRSpic

Good luck!

Microsoft #AzureAD #AzureADApplicaitonProxy #ApplicaitonProxy What is Azure AD Application Proxy? How Azure AD applicaiton proxy works ? How to setup Azure AD application proxy? Publish on-prem application through Azure AD application proxy Features and benefits of using Azure AD Application proxy
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by stromnessian (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @stromnessian 

Not sure if you've already gotten your answer but I do have an App Proxy with passthrough authentication that is operational even if they are not assigned the app in Azure AD. My understanding is that:

- you would only need to assign the app in Azure AD if you choose your App Proxy Pre Authentication method to "Azure Active Directory"

- passthrough authentication bypasses Azure AD

I've also stumbled upon this really helpful video to understand how both app proxy authentications work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHbYSRSpic

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Microsoft #AzureAD #AzureADApplicaitonProxy #ApplicaitonProxy What is Azure AD Application Proxy? How Azure AD applicaiton proxy works ? How to setup Azure AD application proxy? Publish on-prem application through Azure AD application proxy Features and benefits of using Azure AD Application proxy