First published on CloudBlogs on May, 27 2010
[Today's post is from the
Configuration Manager Writing Team
The Configuration Manager documentation library (
) has been updated on the Web and the latest content on the Web has
Updated: May 1, 2010
at the top of the topic.
This month's updates incorporate customer feedback and has a new footer, which still has our SMSDocs email address but also links to
additional information and support options for Configuration Manager
. We got the idea of creating this new page of resources after talking to customers at MMS last month. We found that many customers did not know about the additional resources that were available for Configuration Manager, such as the Configuration Manager team blog, or the TechNet forums. We also had a lot of interest in our new
We do value customer feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Although we can't promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of
What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for May 2010
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the March 2010 update.
About Task Sequences
- Updated to clarify that task sequences cannot be advertised to users. Task sequences must be advertised to computers.
How to Capture and Restore the User State
- Updated to clarify how to create a task sequence to capture a user state.
About Configuration Manager Discovery
- Updated to include information about how to configure a specific domain controller for Active Directory discovery rather than the default setting of the nearest domain controller to the site server.
About Standard and Branch Distribution Points
- Updated to clarify that branch distribution points require advertisements to be configured for the option
Download content from distribution point and run locally
. Branch distribution points do not support the advertisement configuration of
Run program from distribution point
. This clarification is also added to
Choose Between a Standard and Branch Distribution Point
Step-By-Step Example Deployment of the PKI Certificates Required for Configuration Manager Nati...
- Updated to clarify that when you specify the certificate Subject for the site server signing certificate, the exact text string in English must be used, in the same case, without a trailing period, and the site code must be specified at the end of the string in the same case as it appears in the Configuration Manager console.
System Health Validator Point Component Properties: General Tab
- Updated to correct the maximum value for the Validity period (hours) to 168.
Program Name Properties: Advanced Tab
- Updated to clarify that the "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Software task sequence without being advertised" option is required only when you are using a task sequence to install multiple applications.
The Configuration Manager Writing Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.