SOLVED

AIP - show label bar by default in Office apps, but let the user decide? Part 2

Brass Contributor

Hi Everyone, found this topic https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/security-compliance-and-identity/aip-turn-the-label-bar-on-of...

but still not clear how to show AIP bar to users IF I do not install UL Client.

Atm, I have two AVD Win 10 machines, one with UL client installed and the second one just M365 for enterprise with no AIP client.

On the first machine with UL client I can see bar,

MaximSokoloff_1-1648617075231.png

On the second machine I do not

So probably a dumb question , but how to enable bar for users if we do not install UL client.. 

MaximSokoloff_0-1648616656388.png

One more thing I tried to use is this command

Set-LabelPolicy -Identity "<PolicyName>" -AdvancedSettings @{HideBarByDefault="false"}

However, i cant find which module do I have to install to use that.

Tried ExchangeOnlineManagement and Security & Compliance Center PowerShell , but no luck

1 Reply
best response confirmed by MaximSokoloff (Brass Contributor)
Solution

You can't show the bar without the labeling client. The config of the bar is part of the labeling client, not built-in unified labeling.

You Connect -ExchangeOnline and then Connect -IPPSSession and then use the Set-Label cmdlet.

(edit)

Set-LabelPolicy -Identity <enter GUID> -AdvancedSettings @{HideBarByDefault="False"}

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MaximSokoloff (Brass Contributor)
Solution

You can't show the bar without the labeling client. The config of the bar is part of the labeling client, not built-in unified labeling.

You Connect -ExchangeOnline and then Connect -IPPSSession and then use the Set-Label cmdlet.

(edit)

Set-LabelPolicy -Identity <enter GUID> -AdvancedSettings @{HideBarByDefault="False"}

View solution in original post