Sep 12 2018
- last edited on
May 24 2021
I got the below error message (screenshot) while trying to apply the confidential label i have created.
I have set my Confidential label permissions:
Protection: Azure (cloud key)
Users: all members
Permission: either of these preset permission: Co-Owner, Co-Author, Reviewer, Viewer and Custom not working when applying this Confidential level to client ms word, excel, etc.
I have attached the screenshot of the error i encounter on client side.
Newbie question here, do i need to create a label template in Rights Management? I thought this right management is already the AIP?
Thanks in advance!
Nov 18 2018 07:49 AM
If this is the first time that this computer has tried to apply a label with protection and you have waited at least 15 minutes and still get the same problem, it sounds like the computer or your user account can't get to the protection service (Azure Rights Management). In other words, a bootstrapping problem and there are many variables that can cause this, including your firewall configuration. Does this happen for all computers, and all users? Knowing that can help to narrow down the problem.
Apr 24 2019 07:38 AM - edited Apr 24 2019 08:43 AM
I have exactly the same issue whenever I add encryption to a label it just generates this message. It made me wonder if there are specific licence requirements that have to be added to Office365 to enable the encryption part.
sure enough. although office 365 E3 includes Azure Rights Management it is not enabled on your account by default. it has to be added from the Azure management portal. Once added everything works like a dream.
May 22 2019 04:21 AM
I had the same problem with same error message, but found a solution.
The problem is due to the Ou in which the Group which is assigned to the Policy, was created.
I created a second Group with same Attributes but in a different OU in my local active Directory. After email-enabling, I synchronized that Group to azure ad.
Next step, I removed the original Group from the AIP Policy and replaced it with the second Group and saved the Change. Then, Logout the Group member and Login the user again. It works immediately.
Hope this helps.
Apr 30 2020 01:48 PM
1. I was facing the same issue, It appears to be buggy a bit
2. It is related to AIP Client authentication and the labels in which you define permissions which means enable Encryption,
3. As is my case Label without encryption continue to work every time
4. So i re-launched outlook
5. Clicked on Sensitivity Label Icon
6. Clicked on Help and Feedback
7. Reset Settings -> Close ->Close
8. Close Outlook
9. Re-Launch Outlook
10. Waited for AIP Client Auth
11. New Message apply any label with encryption same message
12. Close Outlook - relaunch Outlook
13. New message - apply label with encryption message changes it does not say template word anymore, but still shows some error
14. if you have any label which has following check screenshot click that
15. A small window pops-up that shows retreiving.....
16. after which all Labels starts working fine with encryption
Nov 17 2020 12:46 AM
when I am doing those settings manually it works. Before I have used a macro for individual file access. This is unfortunately not working anymore. Any idea's what's the reason?
Mar 11 2021 03:25 PM
Hi @Alexis Noel Hynson,i had a similar error and i could solved , you need to create a policy on Azure Information Protection too, publish it and then test.
Please try this.