AIP Client Changes Text to Gibberish While Composing

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

We're using a very simple, single button in our AIP client that encrypts the email, applies DNF etc.  I have a particularly heavy user that is reporting some very odd behavior.  She tags the email with the client and then begins composing.  Some time later, often after having composed quite a bit of content, the text converts to Asian characters and Windings.  Once that happens, there's no recovering the text.  The same garbled text is experienced on the receiving end of the conversation sometimes when it appears from the sender perspective to have been sent without incident.  Where should I start looking?  We're using ver 1.29.5 of the AIP client on Win10 1803 and Office 365 Pro Plus.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Hi

Did you ever get to the bottom of this ? I am seeing the same thing.

Thanks

Yes.  Make sure your AIP client has been updated to the absolute latest version.  It doesn't fix anything that's already been sent/received but it does fix new emails.

Ah great ok thanks Mickey for your reply and help.

@Mickey Showers 

In our case, it was the "Adobe Send & Track for Microsoft Outlook" (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/adobe-send-for-outlook.html) add-in, in combination with the message being saved (either manually or automatically) before sending, when using a Sensitivity label.

After disabling the Adobe add-in, the issue stopped.

Hope this helps someone.

Eduardo

@Mickey Showers 

Thanks for the tip - this has been bugging me for months!