Adobe Acrobat Plugin documentation

Copper Contributor

Hi guys

I already posted this on yammer but thought I might give this forum a shot as well ;)

Today I learned that the "native integration" in Adobe Acrobat reader for protected PDFs only works using a separate plug-in. Now, that's not that much of an issue by itself. But I can't find any documentation regarding that plugin in order to make it seamless for the end-user. Scattered across the www and yammer I found a registry key that makes labels more visible in Acrobat reader:

"Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\MicrosoftAIP\bShowDMB"

Other than that there seems to be no documentation whatsoever.

Can anyone point me to any documentation?

Furthermore I'm having a couple of issues:

Is there a way to use SSO for the plugin in Acrobat reader or does the user really have to explicitly provide their e-mail address? I don't like this user experience as end-user training usually includes a recommendation not to provide their credentials at every random opportunity.

Protected PDFs opened in Acrobat do not offer the same screenshot / screen share blocking features as the integrated AIP Viewer does, is that on the roadmap?

Exporting a document to a PDF removes all protection and labeling (though it retains visual markings), and shows a warning message about it, printing to PDF does the same but without a warning (needs to be restricted anyway). Are there any plans to retain labels and protection when exporting?

Thank you guys

Jan

1 Reply

@oechiih 

Hi Jan,

Today the user will need to enter his email address to sing in and there is no SSO today.

regarding the export capability the Office team plans to address export to PDF to retain the labels but no timeline yet.

Adding @Tom Moser  in case there are more details that can be shared.