SOLVED

What's the difference between School Data Sync (Plan 1) and School Data Sync (Plan 2)?

Iron Contributor

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/schooldatasync/create-users-for-k12-and-hed#prerequisites-for-sds mentions among the "perquisites to enable SDS for user creation" are School Data Sync (Plan 1) or School Data Sync (Plan 2).

Microsoft Partners have access to documents that explain Office 365 Education Plan A1 includes School Data Sync (Plan 1) while both Microsoft 365 and Office 365 Education Plan A3 and A5 include School Data Sync (Plan 2).

However, I can't find any details about the differences between the SDS plans on:

Does anyone know what the distinction is between School Data Sync (Plan 1) and School Data Sync (Plan 2)?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by rs_oakford (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello @rs_oakford 

I've checked with the program managers and there is no difference. It is a remnant from when the SDS Plan was first added into the license packs.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rs_oakford (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello @rs_oakford 

I've checked with the program managers and there is no difference. It is a remnant from when the SDS Plan was first added into the license packs.

View solution in original post